These days everyone is getting their hair coloured. There are some who use natural shades of hair colour to cover the greys. While others experiment with brown, blue or burgundy hair colour just for fun. Using the same natural shade of hair colour might get boring. And the easiest way out is adding a pop of colours to your mane.
So, are you also the one of those who is tired of wearing the same hair colour? Have you always dreamt of trying a different hair color but never gathered the courage to experiment? Have you been worried about the results and wondered if a funky hair colour would suit you or not?
Worry no more! A change of hair colour needn’t be drastic always. A subtle change like a burgundy hair colour is trending these days. It gives you an elegant and confident look. The burgundy hair color is a safe bet for everyone who wants a hair colour change without it being too obvious.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s, tell you everything about burgundy hair color.
What is burgundy hair colour?
Burgundy is a region in France that is famous for Burgundy wine (red wine). Its colour is reddish-brown, with a tinge of purple too. The burgundy hair colour has derived its name from the same. You get various shades of burgundy depending on the proportions of red, brown, and purple in it. Burgundy is a gorgeous colour and perfect for someone who is taking baby steps towards changing their hair colour and transforming their look. Having said that, there is a shade for everyone out there. So, choose one for yourself and you will not be disappointed.
How to choose the right burgundy hair colour shade?
There are a number of burgundy hair color shades available in the market and picking up the best one for yourself might be a tedious task. Before finding the right shade, determine your skin tone.
If you have a warm skin tone then it is advisable to choose cooler shades of burgundy hair colour. The cooler shades have more red and violet hues in them.
On the other hand, if you have a cool skin tone then go for the warm shades of burgundy hair color. The warm shades of burgundy have morebrown and lesser red tones.
After reading all this, we are sure you must be wondering that a professional hair colour at the salon is the only way to get this beautiful burgundy hair colour done perfectly. But what if it doesn’t turn out to be the way you imagined? All your hard-earned money would go down the drain and it would be a pain to see yourself in the mirror every day.
Also, if you are doing burgundy hair color for the first time then you would be unsure of your skin tone too. Worry not! You needn’t go to a professional for burgundy hair colour. You can simply switch to burgundy hair colour at home with Godrej Expert Rich Crème Hair Colour. Make a subtle fashion statement with it and you will be stunned with the results. It adds a nice tone to the hair and transforms your look instantly.
Can we do burgundy hair colour at home without using ammonia or bleach?
Using ammonia for colouring the hair is not healthy for your scalp. It rips off natural oils from the hair and makes it dull and frizzy. But if you think that you cannot do red or burgundy hair color without bleaching your black hair, then you are wrong. You don’t need to lighten the natural hair colour before changing to burgundy hair colour. You don’t even need professional help at a salon. You can easily do burgundy hair color at home using Godrej Expert Rich Crème hair colour. It is the best shade of burgundy colour that is neither too vibrant nor too dull. A natural shade that is perfect for everyone who doesn’t want to make the change too obvious. It also has a unique formula with goodness of 10x aloe vera which takes care of your tresses and makes them soft and shiny.
How to do burgundy hair colour at home without using ammonia or bleach?
You can choose safe at-home hair colour to change to burgundy hair color. Godrej Expert Rich Crème hair colour has no-ammonia formula that makes hair colouring at home easy and safe too.
Benefits of Godrej Expert Rich Crème – Burgundy hair colour:
- No ammonia: It is a hair color without harsh chemicals like ammonia and hence, doesn’t damage your hair.
- 10x aloe vera: Its unique formula also contains ten times aloe vera which takes good care of your hair. The aloe vera conditions the hair and makes it soft and shiny. It also hydrates the scalp and strengthens the hair.
- A natural shade: Our burgundy shade of hair colour gives a natural look. It gives beautiful red hues to the hair, which become evident only when you move out in the sun.
Items you would need before you start doing burgundy hair colour at home:
- A pack of hair colour in burgundy shade
- A pair of gloves
- Plastic or glass mixing bowl
- A hair colour application brush
- Tail comb
- Old t-shirt, towel or sheets
- Petroleum jelly
The pack of hair colour comes with a detailed instruction list. Here we will share how easy it is to follow the instructions and do burgundy hair colour at home.
Step 1: Shampoo your hair at least 24 hours before colouring the hair. This allows the natural oils to settle and makes your hair softer after the hair colouring process. Godrej Expert Rich Crème hair colour also has the goodness of 10x aloe vera which makes your hair soft and shiny.
Step 2: Wear your old, dark-coloured clothes which wouldn’t bother you even if they are stained. Alternatively, you can also spread a towel across your shoulders.
Step 3: To avoid burgundy hair colour stains, apply petroleum jelly along the hairline. Wear gloves before hair colouring.
Step 4: Detangle your hair and comb it properly. This will allow proper sectioning of the hair and even application of burgundy hair color.
Step 5: Mix the colourant and developer of burgundy hair colour in a glass or plastic bowl. Form a smooth paste. Our hair colour is crème based and hence, it is easy to mix the colour without any formation of lumps.
Step 6: Section the hair and apply hair colour from roots to tips. Once done, you can evenly spread the burgundy hair color with your fingers. Tie your hair in a bun and set the timer for 30 minutes. Wait for the hair colour to develop nicely.
Step 7: Once the processing time is over, rinse the hair and wash off the colour.
Step 8: Blow dry your hair and you are ready to slay it with your burgundy hair colour.
Burgundy hair colour FAQs.
Q1. What colour does burgundy hair fade into?
Burgundy is made by mixing red and violet shades. When the hair colour starts fading, the red colour fades quicker and leaves violet or purple hues on your hair. The faded shade depends on your natural hair colour and the shade of burgundy hair color that you used.
Q2. Is Burgundy a cool or warm hair colour shade?
The beauty of burgundy hair colour shade is that it can be both a cool and a warm hair colour shade. Godrej Expert Rich Crème hair colour comes in a beautiful warm tone of burgundy hair colour. It has more of red shade and lesser of violet shade. It is a perfect shade of burgundy for warm Indian skin tones. On the other hand, when the burgundy hair colour has more violet and less red, then it results in a cool burgundy shade.
Q3. How to maintain burgundy hair colour for longer?
Once you have taken that leap of faith and coloured your hair burgundy, you need to maintain it. As compared to other hair colours like shades of brown and black, burgundy and red hair colour are tougher to maintain. Red and purple hues fade away quite quickly and you need to put in extra efforts to maintain the shade of hair colour so that it doesn’t turn into a disaster. Take care of your hair by following these points and you will never have to worry about your burgundy hair colour:
- Wash your hair lesser: The best way to maintain hair colour for longer is to wash your hair lesser. It prevents loss of moisture from the hair and keeps it healthy too. Even while washing your hair, we recommended using a mild shampoo & conditioner which helps to retain the hair colour longer. It adds shine and volume to your mane.
- Avoid water activities in summer: In summers, if you have coloured your hair red or burgundy, then it is best to avoid pools and rain dance. The chlorine in pool water can fade your hair colour faster. So before stepping into the pool, we suggest applying a coat of hair oil or conditioner on it. This acts as a barrier against the harmful chemicals in chlorinated water and protects your hair. When you take a dip in the pool will properly oiled hair, it absorbs lesser or almost no chlorinated water. This would not only protect your hair colour but will also keep your hair healthy. You can also wear a swimming cap for extra protection. Even after swimming, you should shampoo your hair thoroughly to remove any residue of chlorine from the hair. After that apply a conditioner on your hair to keep it moisturised and nourished
- Avoid sunbaths: You should avoid the sun if you have got your hair coloured especially burgundy hair colour. This is important to maintain the health of your hair. The UV rays are harmful to the hair and make them frizzy and prone to damage. Before stepping out in the sun you should use a sun protection serum on your hair. In fact, tie your hair in a braid or a bun to minimise the exposure of hair to the sun. You can also wear a hat or a scarf to protect your tresses.
- Deep Conditioning: To keep the hair soft and shiny, you should condition your hair. Using a conditioner specially formulated for coloured hair helps to lock in moisture in the hair and maintain the pigment of hair colour too. Regularly applying the conditioner will repair your hair from within and strengthen it too. This keeps your hair healthy and shiny.
Hope this burgundy hair colour guide has cleared all your doubts. Let us know if you are confident enough to try this beautiful colour at home with Godrej Expert Rich Crème Hair Colour. Share your experience in the comments. We would love to hear.